Thursday, July 8, 2010

More Things I Thought While Watching The World Cup

Spain have the most eclectic collection of hairstyles in the world. I have so many questions...

...when did Carles Puyol last have a haircut? I would wager more than five years ago.

...why does Xavi swoosh his hair up on the sides?

...is Gerard Pique's beard legal?

...is David Villa really just David Beckham in disguise?

...does Sergio Ramos' hair ever get dry?

...does Fernando Torres play better when he looks like this? Or like this? Or maybe like this? Because he certainly hasn't played well while looking like this.

I also have decided that I am not rooting for the Netherlands in the final. The Oranje have been far too dramatic, they seem like whiners, and I really just don't like Arjen Robben and his bald head. Oh look, he's on the ground in that picture. How terribly shocking.

The one Dutch player I can appreciate is Dirk Kuyt, who works hard, doesn't flop (very often, anyway) and is definitely a hustle player. If he plays well on Sunday, the Dutch will be really scary to contend with.

But I'll be rooting for Spain and all the crazy hair they have...or don't have.

No comments: